Imagine knowing within minutes if an engine experiences a fault and knowing exactly where, when and how to fix it. That's the power you'll have with Detroit Connect®. Detroit Connect is a suite of connected vehicle services that puts critical information at your fingertips, allowing you to make informed decisions that increase your vehicle's uptime and profitability. With Detroit Connect, knowledge is definitely power.
Detroit Connect Virtual Technician® is the remote diagnostic service for Western Star trucks equipped with Detroit engines. With Virtual Technician, you'll know within minutes if an engine or aftertreatment system fault has happened.
More importantly, you'll also know the severity of the event and whether you need to pull over immediately or if you can fix the issue later. Severe fault events are further analyzed by experts at the Detroit Customer Support Center (CSC), and complete event details can be viewed via the Detroit Connect portal.
With Virtual Technician, you can make informed, data-backed decisions so that you only service your vehicles when needed. Vehicles spend less time in the shop, reducing diagnostic time and increasing vehicle uptime.
1. FAULT OCCURS While on the road, the driver sees a check engine light appear on the dash. At the same time, Virtual Technician captures the fault code event.
2. DATA TRANSMISSION Within minutes, Virtual Technician transmits the fault information and notifies you on the severity of the fault. If the situation is critical, the engine data from 60 seconds before and 15 seconds following the fault event is sent to the Detroit Customer Support Center (CSC) for further analysis.
3. DIAGNOSIS DETERMINED The experts at the CSC analyze the data and determine the problem.
4. OWNER NOTIFICATION The CSC sends a notification to you or your fleet manager, outlining the cause of the event, the necessary parts to fix it and the nearest service locations with the parts in stock. After you or your fleet manager has reviewed the fault details in the Detroit Connect portal and received the diagnosis from Detroit, the truck can then be sent to the nearest authorized service location.
5. FAULT RESOLUTION Upon arrival at the service location, the technicians have the necessary parts in stock, ready to be installed. The service location was also copied on the follow-up notification from the Detroit CSC, and they have the information needed to address the problem. Your truck is able to get back on the road as quickly as possible.
Detroit Connect Analytics uses data to deepen the connection between fleet management, your driver and your vehicle. Users can access on-demand, automated analysis and reports with key insights developed by DTNA and Detroit experts.
This critical information can be used to quickly identify behaviors, trends, root causes and key insights on fleet-wide fuel consumption and safety performance data. This allows you to spend less time crunching data and more time optimizing vehicle performance.
Zonar Systems Inc. is the preferred telematics service provider for Western Star trucks. Fleets needing a fleet management or an electronic logging device (ELD) telematics solution can spec Zonar Systems' Ground Traffic Control® web-based application and 2020® Android communications tablet. Ground Traffic Control provides fleet managers with a real-time picture of fleet operations. The 2020 tablet offers drivers and fleet managers valuable tools for increasing compliance and efficiency. Pre-wire options are available for other third-party telematics providers.